Tuesday, February 10, 2009




This is Sean here. A couple of months ago Alex and I went down to Beaver, Utah to the ribbon cutting ceremony for the geothermal power plant my company built. It was a really cool experience. We drove past Pahvant Butte, which is a huge old volcano near Fillmore that is really cool looking and we stopped at a lava flow and hiked around. We may have taken a few souvenir's but I don't want to admit that because I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to take any rocks without some special rock-hounding permit. We finally ended up at the project site where there was a big bar-b-q, tours of the plant and many local and state officials. Senator Hatch was there and spoke which was pretty cool too. We had a lot of fun and now Alex can say that he has been on an operating drill rig when he was just 8.

Here is an aerial shot of the power plant with major construction complete.

Steam coming out of the test holding tanks.


Me and Alex on the rig platform. He thought it was pretty cool that we had to wear hard-hats and safety glasses.


Me and Alex in front of the drill rig. The well being drilled here went more than 5,000 feet deep and hit several hot zones (which is exactly what we are looking for)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just made a comment, but I don't know if you got it or not...I think that's a prety cool trip you took and I would think I was important too if they made me wear a hard had and safety glasses :)

Kim said...

That is awesome!! I love having Zachary around in Primary. Thanks for letting me hang out with him.

The Wach Family said...

We had geothermal heat in the first home we owned. Expensive to put in, but we LOVED IT! Every home should use geothermal energy. So much cheaper to heat and cool a house!!